I thought I would be done with Henry’s room by now and revealing it to all of you, but last week we got a little caught up in having a garage sale…
in the 106 degree heat. Yes, I’m serious. Jealous? I think it always feels good to get rid of clutter, but I cannot remember the last time that I sat still and had sweat dripping down my face. Did I mention that it was hot? We did have some trops to battle the heat (for those of you outside of Columbia, trops is frozen adult deliciousness) which probably was not the best way to hydrate ourselves. The next morning, I about died when I saw this picture on pinterest. It was exactly the way I felt.
So, because nothing really got officially finished last week, I thought it might be a good time to do another random thoughts post. Sound good to you? And I won’t make any more empty promises about revealing Henry’s room…all I will say is you will see it…sooner than later. Cool? 😉
1. I am obsessed with The Newsroom…it is clever, witty, funny, and Jeff Daniels makes the show. If you haven’t seen it, I highly recommend it.
2. Although, I may just have a soft spot for Jeff Daniels because anytime Oliver’s hair looks like this
it makes me think of Harry from Dumb and Dumber.
3. Yes, I realize that Oliver might need a haircut. Sam likes to say that he has a short long, but do you see this curl?
This the reason why I am having a hard time cutting his hair.
4. Oh, and it might be worth mentioning that he has a haircut appointment scheduled for 9 am this morning. Ugh…my baby. I still don’t know if I can do it…
5. Let’s change the subject…on a more exciting note, Sam Sam the best husband in the world man surprised me and said that we can add wood beams to our living room!?! Whaaaa??? I have been wanting to do that since we moved into this house over 7 years ago!?!
** http://media-cache-ec3.pinterest.com/upload/26740191507059148_5QBibisq_f.jpg **
6. If you see a surge in my “ceiling treatments” pins you will now know why.
7. I’m totally open to ideas so if you have pinned some great beams, let me know. For something so simple, there sure are a lot of decisions to be made…placement, color, style, molding…it makes my head hurt.
8. Oh and we are doing it ourselves….well, that’s sort of a lie…Sam’s incredibly handy and sweet cousin is coming in to help us. Justin, we are so lucky…you, on the other hand, may get here and be wondering what you got yourself into.
9. Perhaps, I should get the kids a sitter that day? I am horrible at that, by the way. I really don’t like to leave my kids. It’s not that I don’t trust other people…I totally do. I just have a hard time leaving them. I would just rather be with them. Does that make sense?
I’ve always been scared to admit that, because I didn’t want to be seen as that overprotective mom. But, I really struggle with scheduling time away from them. If I’m being totally honest, I even struggle dropping them off at the Crossing Kids when we go to church. I know. It’s just the way I am and I’m ok with it. Sam and I get time alone…we do try to make that a priority.
10. I do have a ton of things to show you guys. I painted & reupholstered some chairs that could be my favorite before & after to date. They are super fun & I tried to find somewhere to put them in my house & failed so they are going to a friend. I have had color blocking on my mind for awhile now & finally decided to get it in our house. I will show you these things & more soon. I need to get them “camera ready” if you know what I mean. 😉
So much to share, do, & finish…I should probably get off of the blog & get to work so I will actually have something to really share on here! 😉