Almost everyone has collected something sometime in their lives, whether it be keychains or hats, plates or coffee mugs, or even toy cars from when you were a child. Collecting stuff is great; you get to look for a new addition every place you go. What’s not great is the storage space those items take up and the fact that you hardly ever get to see the stuff you spent years collecting. Not cool. So we’ve come up with a solution: display your collections! That’s right, display them on the wall, a table or shelf, or in a special room. Bookcases are also a great solution. There are so many fun and creative ways to show off your hard work.
Displaying your collection can be a very tricky task, especially if your collection is huge! You don’t want the space to look cluttered, and you definitely don’t want the collection to look out of place. To help you out, we came up with 5 rules to follow when displaying your collections:
1. You don’t have to display your entire collection. Just pick your favorite pieces or rotate which pieces are on display.
2. Pick a space that coincides with your items. For example, if you collect plates, a dining room would be the perfect setting.
3. Remember color schemes. If your collection is full of several different colors, add it to a more neutral space. If the items are all similar in color, then your collection would tie in perfectly to a space that uses that same color.
4. Don’t have a different collection displayed in every room in your house. One or two collections is plenty.
5. Even if you don’t have a collection, grouping together similar items can create a unique piece of art.
Follow these rules and get some inspiration from the pictures below, and you’ll be displaying your own collections in no time!
Do you have any collections? How would you display them?